CFITSIO failure on windows

Robert Lancaster rlancaste at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 17:17:38 GMT 2020

HI Hannah and craft team,

I was trying to set up a craft environment in a windows virtual machine yesterday to test some code I have been working on to use astrometry.net <http://astrometry.net/>.  When I was setting it up, following the instructions on this page, https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Windows <https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Windows>, I ran into an error I did not expect.  There was a build error for CFITSIO.  I didn’t expect that because CFITSIO is a very commonly used package and it is a requirement for Kstars which I know is built by craft on both windows and Mac very often.  So I don’t see why CFITSIO would have an error, since I thought that package was already working very well.  So I figure there must be something wrong with the way I set things up, or with some craft settings maybe?

Here was the error it encountered: C:/CraftRoot/build/_/8a54fcf/cfitsio-3.47/fitsio.h:220:22: error: expected identifier or '(' before numeric constant.     #define TBYTE        11

I have also attached a craft log.

I would appreciate any help you could provide,

Thanks,

Rob