Craft Mac Package case issue

Robert Lancaster rlancaste at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 23:42:15 BST 2020

Hey guys,

I thought I would try the craft package utility to see if it is working well now.  I usually package up KStars using my own script, but I thought it might be worth a try to see how it has progressed.  I ran into a very interesting issue.  My craft root directory is "/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/craft-root” but craft thinks it is "/Users/rlancaste/Astroroot/craft-root”.  Note the case issue with AstroRoot.  I don’t know why craft got this information wrong, but it doesn’t generally cause any issue because the Mac is not case-sensitive.  That was until I tried the packager.  The problem I encounter is that some of my dylib’s have an ID that corresponds to the actual path on the computer, for example: "/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/craft-root/lib/libgsl.23.dylib,” but when I try to run the package utility, it does a case-sensitive check to see if this library is in the craft-root directory.  It IS in the craft root directory, and works just fine, but the packager doesn’t think it is because its ID doesn’t match what it thinks is the craft root directory.  So as a result, I get errors that look like this: "reference to absolute library path outside craftroot” even though it is actually in the craft root directory.  So to fix this, craft would either need to get my root directory path with the correct case, or it would need to do the packager check to see if it is in the root directory in a non case sensitive way.

Thanks,

Rob Lancaster