[IMPORTANT] Binary Factory & CI System Maintenance

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Sep 16 20:46:38 BST 2019

Hi all,

As part of changes to help improve the capacity, capability and
security of the Binary Factory and CI system, i'm going to be
performing a rebuild of several of the physical hosts responsible for
performing builds on the CI system.

Following these changes, signing operations for Flatpak and Android
builds will have been shifted away from the machines responsible for
handling the actual builds, and the system will have an additional
machine added to handle builds.

This will also pave the way for the build process for Snaps being
brought to the Binary Factory (although there are other issues which
may hold up the delivery of that due to excessive requirements imposed
by the Snap tooling)

During this time however, the overall capacity of the system may be
reduced and the capability to perform some builds may be unavailable.

Should anyone have any upcoming releases that require the services of
the Binary Factory & CI system it would be appreciated if you could
please let me know so I can take that into account for scheduling the
various changes.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin