Is it possible to use craft on Windows 8.1 (or 7)?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Dec 31 12:54:28 GMT 2019

Hi!

Thanks for the quick feedback!

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 09:58:39 +0000
Hannah von Reth <hannah at von-reth.de> wrote:
> I can investigate but if it's just a vm how about upgrading.

Well, for one thing, I'd like to keep it so I can look a problems,
should users report anything specific to older (supported) versions of
Windows.

For another thing, I'm a bit afraid of upgrading that working VM. I do
have another VM with Windows 10, but I'm currently having a hard time
trying to convince it that it is in fact running on the same hardware
that is was (OEM) licensed for - which it really is, only inside a VM.

> Regarding Windows 7 it's eol and we cant practically support it.

Yeah, that was essentially "just asking".

> To rebuild kshimgen  call craft -i --no-cache kshimgen and then
> reinstall cmake etc.

Did that, did not help. At any rate,
CRAFTROOT\dev-utils\bin\cmake.exe "has stopped working"
while
CRAFTROOT\dev-utils\cmake\bin\cmake.exe works.

> After a longer break without updating the craft root I'd also
> recommend to start fresh.

Yeah, like I said, that was one of the first things, I tried.

> If it's a dependency issue you could investigate by using
> dependenciesgui on a generated Shim wich is installed by the
> dependencies blueprint.

Well, dependenciesgui (and dependencies.exe) are not working for me
either, right now. Will try to figure out that one, later, AFK for a
while, now.

Regards
Thomas