ecm_add_app_icon() does not work as expected on Windows

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:01:00 GMT 2019

вс, 15 дек. 2019 г. в 21:20, Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com>:
> However my problem with ecm_add_app_icon() did not go away, it's
> probably unrelated. I attach a screenshot of what Kate and KWrite
> icons look like after a fresh rebuild with "craft -i --target master
> kate".

I tried the today's nightly build of KTimeTracker
https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KTimeTracker_Nightly_win64/4/ , and
it's also missing the icon embedded ktimetracker.exe.

Then I went further and tried several Windows installer for Kate from
KDE Binary Factory. All the available nightly builds [1,2,3] and
today's 19.12.0 release build [4] don't have icons in kate.exe, at
least Windows 10 does not detect it. The 19.08.2 release builds'
kate.exe has icon, see e.g. [5].

[1] https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kate_Nightly_win64/661/
[2] https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kate_Nightly_win64/664/
[3] https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kate_Nightly_win64/665/