ecm_add_app_icon() does not work as expected on Windows

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 15:30:39 GMT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to make ktimetracker.exe to show its icon on Windows.
However ecm_add_app_icon() does not work for me for some reason.

If I build Kate from Git master (craft -i --target master kate),
kate.exe has no icon (it has some standard icon when browsing in
explorer.exe) and kwrite.exe has an icon. Kate build dir contains
kate/ICONS_SOURCES.{APS,ico,rc,rc.in}, where .APS and .ico are about
98 KB in size. When building KTimeTracker or Kate, icotool is found by
CMake, png2ico not found.

A Kate package build from http://binary-factory.kde.org/ from couple
of days ago installs a good kate.exe with an embedded icon.

Might be a problem with either MSVC 2019 on my side or something else.
But how do I debug it?

--
Alexander Potashev