Issues with notifications on KDE Connect

Carlos Solís csolisr at azkware.net
Wed Nov 7 14:49:19 GMT 2018

Hello everyone! First time posting here. I'm currently testing KDE
Connect on Windows and so far it works well, with two exceptions. File
transfers don't quite work, neither on Windows nor on my Archlinux
partition. And notifications do work but with certain caveats, namely
that they get displayed for only a pair of seconds, are not stored
anywhere due to lack of integration with Windows' notifications, and
most importantly don't display their contents or allow interacting in
any other way but dismissing them by a click. Hoping to see if it was
possible to manually configure the notifications, I installed Craft and
rebuilt both KDE Connect and knotifications, but I still found no way to
configure the notifications themselves. For starters, is it possible to
configure it manually? Or do I need to compile systemsettings in order
to configure it? Because in the case of the latter, compiling
systemsettings on Windows currently fails due to a KF5 version mismatch.

Hoping to find some information on the topic,
- Carlos Solís