is windows-mingw_64-clang valid for ABI?

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 28 13:39:01 UTC 2018

Hi Thomas,

On 2018.05.28 03:11, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> On Sat, 26 May 2018 19:37:23 -0400
> Jack Ostroff <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> The craftsettings.ini example file seems to say that
>> windows-mingw_64-clang should be valid for ABI, but "craft ninja"
>> fails with "'clang' is not recognized as an internal or external
>> command, operable program or batch file.
>
> [...]
>
>> The only packages installed so far are cacert, craft-blueprint-kde,
>> craft-core, 7zip, craft-startment-entry, git, mingw-w64, shimgen,
>> wget, and runtime.
>
> you will have to install clang. *In theory*
>   craft clang
> should be all you need. Right now, mingw is the only compiler to be
> installed automatically by craft, as far as I am aware.
Thanks for the info/suggestions,

If this is the case, then there really should be some instructions
somewhere in the docs.  The default .ini file includes both craft and
gcc as equal options.

By the way - "craft clang" fails in the same way - probably because it
is trying to install it using clang....  I'm wondering if I need to
start with -gcc, then install clang, and then switch ABI back to
clang.  I've already switched my install to gcc, so I'll have to wait
until I have time to start in a separate instance to try this.  I guess
it is because the base mingw install includes gcc, and not clang.

Jack