Binary factory for RKWard

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Mar 27 07:34:51 UTC 2018

Hi!

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 14:35:24 +0200
Hannah von Reth <vonreth at kde.org> wrote:
> I just added RKWard to
> https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/DSL%20Job%20Seed/
>
> The builds will probably fail right now but that's due to a change on
> the ci and the incoming change to the blueprint layout.

Ok, so as far as I can see, the branch in use is change_categories.
Should I go ahead and try to fix up rkward on this branch, or is this
(too much of) a work-in-progress?

I see you also added us for Mac, which is nice, but will fail for the
additional reason that the binary/r-base dependency is not going
to be installed by craft. Could you give me a pointer on the correct
approach to resolve this?

While it would be posssible to build r-base from
source on Mac, we'd really like to use the upstream binaries, because
only those will be guaranteed to be compatible with R's pre-compiled
add-on packages (literally thousands of). I suppose I could (attempt
to) add Mac-specific code to install using the official dmg in
binary/r-base. But to my understanding, binary/* is blacklisted
altogether in craft on Mac?

Thanks!
Thomas