craft not finding installed utilities

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 16 21:22:51 UTC 2018

For example, I know craft has grep and ninja installed, if nothing else
by looking at the output of "craft --print-installed" but invoking
either of them on the command line fails with a "the term is not
recognized..." error.  I'm pretty sure things were working fine the
last time I did anything a few weeks ago.  Today I tried "craft
kmymoney" and it upgraded numerous packages, and then failed on one,
claiming it couldn't find Ninja.

Has something changed recently requiring some change to my
configuration?  How much and what pieces of my configuration do I need
to post here to figure out where to look.

Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

Jack