KDE CI: Frameworks kservice kf5-qt5 WindowsMSVCQt5.10 - Build # 41 - Still unstable!

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Aug 24 12:37:22 BST 2018

On vendredi 24 août 2018 11:21:19 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > > My guess is that instead of copying it to the install prefix it needs
> > > to go to $WORKSPACE\build\bin\data\?
> >
> > That sounds right.
> >
> > While running tests for kservice, the install prefix of kservice shouldn't
> > be visible at all....
> >
> > > (I thought the ECM stuff handled this though)
> >
> > I'm not sure what you're referring to. Which ECM stuff, handling what?
> > (certainly there's nothing copying dependencies into build/bin/data....)
>
> Hmm Okay. I was under the impression there was code in ECM that helped
> setup for tests like this by doing the copying.

I am really not the best person to be giving advice on current or future
solutions for CI on Windows, since I don't know what was done about all this.

Are you referring to what I did in ECM so that the tests and executables
*created by the current repository* go into build/bin? Sure, that's done by
ECM. But here we're talking about copying the stuff from the *dependencies*,
aren't we?

How did this work until now, for everything else than mimetypes?
PATH surely, for libs and executables. But what about things looked up via
QStandardPaths, which isn't extensible with env vars on Windows?

> I guess this is something the CI tooling will need to be handling?

I'm confused, because surely something has been done already, no?
Any lookup done by lib code has to find the files installed by that lib.
I know we moved some stuff to qrc files, but afaik not everything.
[though maybe the missing stuff isn't covered by unittests]

> My only concern about that though is it will make running tests
> locally for devs harder as they'll need to know to do this.

Devs don't install each framework into its own install prefix, so their
situation is actually much easier than the CI situation :-)

But I'm not a Windows dev, so I might be missing something.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5