FYI: Beware of packaging bug wrt qtwebengine

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sun Oct 1 23:17:26 UTC 2017

Heya,

I've just applied some fixes to the qtwebengine recipe which move some files
to the "correct" location after qtwebengine has been installed. It looks like
this worked fine without my patch when you ran the executable on the same
machine (I assume some hardcoded paths internally in QtWE), but it does *not*
when you run the executable on a different machine.

If the files are not in their resp. location, anything using QtWebEngine to
show a page will just crash (somewhere in WebEngineContext::current() in
Qt5WebEngineCore).

Bug description:
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35354581/qwebengineview-crashes-on-load-or-page-method

Patch is here:
  https://commits.kde.org/craft-blueprints-kde/
7daad924aabb58caf2eced2e1cca019406dad541

Commit:
commit 7daad924aabb58caf2eced2e1cca019406dad541