Runtime packaging

Hannah von Reth vonreth at kde.org
Tue May 23 19:34:06 UTC 2017

Well, yes it is a bit messy.

This difference is that with msvc, when you have installed the compiler
the runtime is already installed.

Providing the redist is also a bit cleaner than grapping dlls from
somewhere in the system.

Additionally you need runtime on mingw to be able to run crafted
applications outside of the craft env.

I guess one solution would be to drop the msvc code in runtime.py and
make virtual/base depend on runtime so that is always installed?

Cheers,

Hannah