KConfig issues prevent compiling KDE applications under Windows

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Sat Feb 4 08:14:08 UTC 2017

On Thursday, February 2, 2017 10:08:53 PM EST Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 1 February 2017 at 14:34, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > One note though: this is a failure to link a unittest, your release isn't
> > blocked, you can just disable the building of unittests in kconfig.
> >
> > The double definition can be explained, the unittest links to
> > KF5ConfigCore
> > and then also compiles in ../src/core/kconfigdata.cpp because that class
> > is not
> > exported.
>
> Hi,
> Apparently it is since eab822e20620 (Jan 15).
> ​The bug #​375654 does not seem to provide version info but the fix isn't
> just released, right? CC'd Stephen Kelly.
It seems this class was exported so it can be accessed through the Python
bindings.  Considering it wasn't exported before, I'm wondering why it was
exported for Python?

Since removing it would be an ABI for Python scripts and the tagging is
happening today, can we just back out the KEntryMap API from Python?  We can
add it back for the next release if there is a use case for it.

@David Faure, when do you plan on tagging this change?  For now I committed a
change to the auto test so it will at least build on Windows
(b939b48f8d5e5eaf9a51a7e9bda2ad8cedca27d9) which should be included.  Would
there be time to remove KEntryMap before the tag/release?
--
Matthew