KDE Emerge emerged as Craft

Hannah von Reth vonreth at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 08:52:47 UTC 2016

Some of those libraries could also be build from source using Craft, the are part of the win32libs category (which might need a rename), currently we recommend to blacklist the category and receive prebuilds from your distro .More packages could of course be added but for historical reasons we only provide the dev-util category currently only on Windows.
The unix support in Craft is rather new and was only merged back rather recently.
Why to use Craft on Mac?I think with Kraft we have a focused cross platform source of packages, we should join forces and not try to do something different on each and every platform. Using Craft we can ensure that we have up to date recipes on all platforms. The cross platform availability of Craft is also an argument for the developers who want to provide packages for their application them self, they don't have to learn 10 tools but only one.
 Ceers,
Hannah