KDE emerge loves Unix

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 5 01:14:29 UTC 2016

On 2016.11.04 19:47, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:

> Windows, Mac
> >
> > Isn't this old news for those on Gentoo or Arch, I forget which of
> the 2? :)
> >
> > R.
>
> No, this is a totally different tool that happens to be called the
> same.
>
> --
> Nicolás

I think a lot of the original idea came from looking at the Gentoo
emerge tool, so although it is a completely separate code base, they
are both package management tools to simplify handling dependencies and
configuration for compiling from source.  They do essentially the same
thing, in different environments.

Jack