Compiling frameworks on emerge

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 11:24:47 UTC 2016

On Monday, March 21, 2016 11:09:53 AM CET slangwhanger wrote:
> while compilng kservice  i encountered this : http://pastebin.com/9LrStpSd

C:\k\download\git\kservice\autotests\kplugininfotest.cpp(43) : error C2958:
the left bracket '[' found at 'c:\k\download\git\kservice\autotests
\kplugininfotest.cpp(43)' was not matched correct

... indicates you're hitting a Visual Studio compiler bug.

Do you have the latest updates of MSVC2013 installed? Update 5 is the latest.
Please install those first.

> here is the part of file in question : http://pasteboard.co/2nYRHdaN.png
> I think that maybe json requires some libraries which are not present
> first evidence is at line 367 in the compile output
> and maybe that causes the errors around 516

Nope. It's clearly compiler-related.

> I tried different solutions for hours but to no avail
> anyone with json knowledge maybe?

Not JSON-related either.

Cheers,
Kevin