Blog post: KDE on Windows status update

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Jun 29 21:40:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Kevin Funk <kfunk at kde.org> wrote:

> I can see an
> > opportunity for a Microsoft Project Server competitor (server-side) which
> > could be financed by offering a hosted service (SaaS).
> >
> > (I started to work on Calligra 3.0 on Windows in my GitHub repository
> but I
> > do not really have the time to work on it:
> > https://github.com/pgquiles/kdewindows-emerge )
>
> Any plans to rebase those changes & and merge them to emerge.git?

That was the plan, yes.

> Where are you currently stuck with Calligra 3.0 wrt to Emerge?

The dependencies are not right yet. I am using a dependency on tier3 when I
should be using dependencies on individual frameworks.

I have packaged some frameworks that Calligra needs but others are still
missing.

Even worse is Plan is not ported to Qt5/KF5 yet, so it depends on all the
KDE4 stuff.

My main problem is I hardly have any time to spare on KDE anymore, though
:-( (work, family)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org