Okular on Windows

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Wed Jun 29 09:20:48 UTC 2016

Well, Peruse, which was released last week, runs on Windows, and it uses
Okular/KF5 for its PDF support. It obviously doesn't ship with the okular
shell itself, but that's really just because it gets blacklisted out of the
Peruse package. In other words: Okular/KF5 runs just fine, it just doesn't have
a packaging definition :)

On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 09:56:13 BST Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2016 15:44:16 CEST Jonathan Schultz wrote:
> > I've managed to build Okular/KF5 for Windows as the foundation for a
> > different project and as far as I know it works fine. Happy to share my
> > experiences with anyone also interested.
>
> Cool!
>
> Sure, share your experiences. :)
>
> > Cheers,
> > Jonathan
> >
> > On 29/06/16 12:49, Rock Cogar wrote:
> > > Hi Adam,
> > >
> > > Also available is the Linux PDF reader "Evince" for Win64.
> > >
> > > https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince/Downloads
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Rock.
> > >
> > > On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Adam Kalisz
> > > <adam_kalisz at wh2.tu-dresden.de <mailto:adam_kalisz at wh2.tu-dresden.de>>
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >     Dear fellow community members,
> > >
> > >     I read this blog post:
> > >     http://kfunk.org/2016/06/18/kde-on-windows-update/ and I am
> > >     absolutely thrilled to hear that KDE on Windows is still a thing and
> > >     will get some attention. The much needed application for me would be
> > >     Okular. I tried to install it on Windows without much luck and went
> > >     with MuPDF which is my favourite on my main GNU/ Linux machine. But
> > >     at work, on Windows, an alternative with a GUI would be really
> > >     needed. I guess, if it was good enough for the boss the licence for
> > >     Adobe could be saved and possibly a donation to the project could be
> > >     arranged instead.
> > >     Maybe provide a chocolatey.org <http://chocolatey.org> package to
> > >     deploy and you get lots of business and professional users over
> > >     night.
> > >
> > >     Keep up the good work!
> > >     Best regards
> > >     Adam Kalisz