Pre-built KF5 archives and okular

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Thu Jun 2 02:00:17 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas and friends,

First of all, thank you so much Thomas for providing those archives.
Without them I'd probably still be struggling to build any KDE apps on
Windows. Now I can build okular using mingw/x86 which is a great start.

That said, I have a few comments and further questions. Your assistance
with any of them would be most appreciated.

1. The README says that the builds require at least Windows 8.1
Everything I describe below I have tried using both Windows 8.1 and
Windows 7, and have seen no difference at all between the two.

2. Of the archives, only the first one (KF5_emerge.7z) allows me to
build okular, and succeeds with no extra intervention. This tells me
that there is no big problem preventing okular from building. However,
with the other archives I find that I'm getting some linking errors.
Using KF5_emerge_MinGW4.9.2.7z the build fails on libcurl with the
following output:

> K:/k/lib/libcrypto.a(bss_sock.o):bss_sock.c:(.text+0x90): undefined reference to `_imp__shutdown at 8'
> K:/k/lib/libcrypto.a(bss_sock.o):bss_sock.c:(.text+0x1c0): undefined reference to `_imp__shutdown at 8'

And using the MSVC archive KF5_emerge_MsVS2013.7z it fails building
libspectre with the following:

> [ 75%] Linking C shared library spectre.dll
>    Creating library spectre.lib and object spectre.exp
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_new_instance referenced in function _spectre_gs_create_instance
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_delete_instance referenced in function _spectre_gs_cleanup
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_set_stdio referenced in function _spectre_gs_create_instance
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_set_display_callback referenced in function _spectre_gs_set_display_callback
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_init_with_args referenced in function _spectre_gs_run
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_run_string_begin referenced in function _spectre_gs_process
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_run_string_continue referenced in function _spectre_gs_process
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_run_string_end referenced in function _spectre_gs_process
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_run_string_with_length referenced in function _spectre_gs_send_string
> spectre-gs.c.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gsapi_exit referenced in function _spectre_gs_cleanup
> spectre.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals

3. Finally I have also tried to replicate your build process (partly to
prove to myself that I can do it, but also so that I can build a 64 bit
version) and it fails with:

> In file included from K:\k\download\git\qtbase\src\plugins\platforms\windows\qwindowsfontdatabase_ft.h:37:0,
>                  from K:\k\download\git\qtbase\src\plugins\platforms\windows\qwindowsintegration.cpp:45:
> ..\..\..\..\include\QtPlatformSupport\5.5.1/QtPlatformSupport/private/qbasicfontdatabase_p.h:1:124: fatal error: ../../../../../../../../../../download/git/qtbase/src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/basic/qbasicfontdatabase_p.h: No such file or directory

What I notice here is that the file
.../QtPlatformSupport/private/qbasicfontdatabase_p.h is in different
locations in the different builds. In your three archives there is a
copy under k/include while when I try to build it is only under
k/build/libs/qtbase/work/mingw-w64-RelWithDebInfo-5.5/include There are
some other differences too, which I can describe if that would help, but
I'm hoping that in the meantime someone can tell me what might be going
wrong.

Many thanks,

Jonathan