New preliminary installer for KDevelop 5.0 beta on Windows 64-bit
kfunk at kde.org
Wed Jan 20 00:55:45 UTC 2016
I've updated the installer for the KDevelop 5.0 branch on Windows 64-bit (see
link below). Major change: KDevelop on Windows is now Clang-based, too.
This installer contains the latest changes in kdevplatform + kdevelop + a few
additional patches against Qt5, see below:
* Now uses the new *Clang-backend* for C/C++ language support!
* Icon issues are resolved
* Fixed "QUrl::PreferLocalFile is not equal to toLocalFIle"
* Fixed KDevelop application icon
* Fixed kdevfiletemplates previews on Windows
* Now filtering out internal CMake targets that appear on Windows
* CMake: Fixed target enumerating on Windows by using QTextStream for reading
* MSVC warnings + errors are now recognized in the Build output view
PS: Lots of thanks go to Gleb Popov, who's helping out fixing problems on
# Known issues
* No real compiler selection possible
* Workaround: Just start kdevelop from the "correct" environment
* I.e. start "MSVC 20XX command prompt", then start kdevelop.exe
* Similarly for MinGW-based setups
* CMake/QMake plugin disables itself if cmake/qmake resp. is not in PATH
* Workaround: Make sure cmake/qmake is in PATH
* Just noticed that now: Installer title says "KDevelop gitHEAD" :)
* Anything that's on:
# Further work
I'd like to iron out a few more bugs, then publish this installer on my blog
so a wider audience gets access to it.
# Get it
Newest installer available at:
(just uploaded the *20160120* drop)
Report any bugs at:
If you want to help out making KDevelop shine on Windows, great!
* To compile and install both dependencies + KDevelop:
* Read: https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge
* Install either MSVC 2015 Update 1 or a recent MinGW
* Install emerge on your Windows machine / VM
* Then `emerge kdevelop`
Any feedback on the installer, or KDevelop on Windows in general, is greatly
Kevin Funk | kfunk at kde.org | http://kfunk.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Kde-windows