kioslave hardcoded path

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Dec 27 19:15:54 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, 27 December 2016 00:30:32 CET Jean-Baptiste Mardelle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are working on a Kdenlive Windows version, compiled with mxe. We got it
> mostly working, but have a problem with the kioslaves.
>
> Simply opening a filedialog (KFileDialog), we get an error related to
> kioslaves, and no files/directories are displayed. The error message
> (translated approximately from french) :
>
> Cannot start process, klauncher could not load: "/path/to/kioslave"

Yes, the installation path is compiled into the binary.

Though kio looks into two other paths since quite some time now:
  https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125778/

Are you using an outdated KF5 version? Or are you installing KF5 into a
different prefix maybe? For the latter, you might need to tweak qt.conf, as
described in the RR.

Cheers,
Kevin