Re: The state of frameworks on Windows

Patrick von Reth vonreth at kde.org
Tue Mar 3 15:25:38 UTC 2015

Hi Christian,

Great to see some commits.

Yes we want to drop its usage in KDE code. So I would say we need to patch Gpgmepp upstream to support Windows without a compat lib.

Not yet but we have plans and a build machine.

I think in the frameworks folder there should only be the tier1 to 4 stuff. We should clean up the kde folder and could add a pim folder there?

Plans yes. But I don’t want to do it all on my own. I could provide the final binaries but I don’t want to fix/test all applications.

It would also be a small limited release, only apps know to work like kate or okular and not everything available as in the KDE4 days of this project. Only apps that are known to work and that are somehow maintained on Windows.

Cheers,

Patrick