kde win apps fail to start

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:20:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

I had KDE win installed and working, however after a long period of not
using it I attempted to launch an app today. Saw a spinning icon for a
few seconds, then nothing, no error, nothing. To see if I could fix it
I've uninstalled (physically rm the install folder) then reinstall tried
this process for both visual studio and mingw 64 variants. Still can't
start any of the kde apps. I had to rm the start menu folder manually,
and the reinstall is not repopulating it. With the mingw 64 install, if
I browse to the bin dir, and double click one of the exe's I get "this
application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way"
dialog.

What can I do to get this working again?

Burlen