Removal help needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:58:45 UTC 2015

Hi.  I have KDE installed on an older laptop which has just been
upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  The KDE apps are no longer used
on that laptop (they are 2 years old), so I wanted to remove them, but
all my efforts have failed.

They are not installed within the Windows Programs system, and I thought
I remembered that they had to be uninstalled using the KDE
Installer-GUI.  I did that, and got messages that they were
uninstalling, but coming back to the laptop afterwards I found that the
command window with a message from kdewin4init (misremembered name?)
still opens, and all the programs are back in the appropriate folders.

Since another family member will be using that laptop I need to clean it
up, so what should I do to properly remove them?

Anne