Emerge adventure with mingw - 11 issues 10 solutions

Antton Tapani antton.tapani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:03:12 UTC 2015

Continuing from previous listing:

12.  kdelibs4support fails with several conflicting declarations errors.
First one as an example:
r:/include/mingw/time.h:32:76: error: conflicting declaration of 'tm*
localtime_r(const time_t*, tm*)' with 'C' linkage
 KDEWIN_EXPORT struct tm *localtime_r(const time_t *clock, struct tm
*result);

r:/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/time.h:269:34: note: previous
declaration with 'C++' linkage
 __forceinline struct tm *__cdecl localtime_r(const time_t *_Time, struct
tm *_Tm) {
                                  ^
This is similar or possibly the exact same error that I got with khtml at
point 10 (future people, see archives), which I glossed over quite
illegitimately. Looking at the headers, these seem to be mutually
exclusive, but for whatever reason the include/mingw one doesn't get
properly disabled if _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS is defined and the other
definitions are in effect. I wrapped the include/mingw ones inside "#ifndef
_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS" and it compiles fine.

13. boost-iostreams fails with:
error: at
R:/build/win32libs/boost-headers/work/boost_1_58_0/tools/build/src/kernel\modules.jam:107
error: Name clash for
'<pr:\build\win32libs\boost-iostreams\work\mingw-w64-RelWithDebInfo-1_58_0\boost\bin.v2\standalone\ac\gcc-mingw-5.1.0\release\threading-multi>zlib.h.o'
error: Tried to build the target twice, with property sets having
error: these incompatible properties:
error:
error:     -  none
error:     -  <address-model>64 <architecture>x86 <deduced-address-model>64
<deduced-architecture>x86
error:
error: Please make sure to have consistent requirements for these
error: properties everywhere in your project, especially for install
error: targets.

Suggested fix is to add "address-model=64 architecture=x86" flags into the
bjam call [5] (not the same error, but applicable). I couldn't figure out
how emerge produces the bjam call, so instead I added the parameters to
build\win32libs\boost-headers\work\boost_1_58_0\libs\iostreams\build\Jamfile.v2
like in *3). Emerge doesn't wipe the boost-headers folder before building,
so that should be enough for a quick hack.

I think I have now built all the dependencies, so I'm soon going to proceed
to building Krita. After that I'll repeat the whole thing and produce some
proper patches in a less haphazard manner.
_______________
*3)
lib boost_iostreams
    : $(sources)
    : <link>shared:<define>BOOST_IOSTREAMS_DYN_LINK=1
      <define>BOOST_IOSTREAMS_USE_DEPRECATED
      [ ac.check-library /zlib//zlib : <library>/zlib//zlib
        <source>zlib.cpp <source>gzip.cpp ]
    : <address-model>64
      <architecture>x86
    : <link>shared:<define>BOOST_IOSTREAMS_DYN_LINK=1
    ;

[5]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28398390/boost-build-breaks-name-clash-for-pstage-liblibboost-system-so-1-58-0