Kate / KDevelop Sprint

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Nov 23 00:27:45 UTC 2014

On Saturday 22 November 2014 16:27:55 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Well,
>
> same procedure as every year: Over the years, it turned out that the joint
> Kate/KDevelop sprints are always quite productive, and a lot of things get
> done. Imo, we should continue this collaboration.
>
> Arriving at KF5 with a release soon (Applications release on 17th of Decem-
> ber), Kate 5 will be officially out the first time. We certainly will get
> much more feedback (and bugs) than right now in the coming months. A sprint
> from the Kate POV makes a lot of sense. Further, Christoph and myself
> recently discussed that having proper support for OS X and Windows would
> also be desirable. I think we should push here more, maybe making it even
> a joint Kate/KDevelop/KDE on Windows sprint.
>
> The organization involves
> - finding a date, e.g. through a doodle poll (I would propse 8 days, with
>   starting at a Friday to Sunday a week later)
> - communicating with the KDE e.V. for financial support and getting the
>   sprint listed on http://sprints.kde.org
> - finding accommodation (preferably an apartment where all contributors
>   are hosted)
>
> Any takers for organizing such an event?

I'd love to join you all, or even organizing an event again, but as I
mentioned last time we met, I'm quite busy the next months. I'll be finishing
my studies and then going on a prolonged vacation. I'll be back in ~April. So
I suggest you all to meet without me (booh!) for once and then I'll organize
the sprint the year after in Berlin again? Either KDAB will have a bigger
office with lots of room for that again, or we just rent a big shared flat :)

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de