KTORRENT What is Open Directory Supposed to Do?

genesoo genesoo77072 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:02:15 UTC 2014

I have seen other posts relating to this problem since 2010-2011.

Following the navigation on a Torrent: Advanced -> Open Directory -> Data
Directory, KTORRENT appears to launch the file instead of Opening the target
location of the downloading/downloaded file in the default File Folder
Application(in my case Dolphin).

If I follow the same navigation and instead pick Temporary Directory,
KTORRENT seems to be attempting to open the downloading/downloaded file from
the temporary directory. In my case, I've never had it open anything
successfully related to my current torrent.

The major function "Open Directory" implies that the directory location for
the final target file or the temporary file in the temporary directory is
going to be launched in the default file application(in my case Dolphin).

Can someone please tell me whether Open Directory is misnamed(should it be
"Open" instead) or if it is not working as intended?
I and the other folks reporting similar issues would find it much more
useful if it launched the File application and placed you in the target
directories for the Final file or Temporary file respectively.

If this is a bug, I would be happy to open a ticket if you can direct me to
the correct link to do so.