Per-app MSI-based installers

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:46:17 UTC 2014

> I'm sure we can reduce the size, Marble for Windows (without KDE libs)
> is only 25MB, the test Okteta is 21MB, so sizes will be smaller, and
> once Nicolás finishes his experiments the issue may well be moot.

Note that the test Okteta lacks oxygen icons. With *all* the oxygen
icons (I didn't do any attempt to only include what Okteta needs) it's
53MB.

> Paint.net is 6MB, only downloading .Net in the background if needed.

That's kind of what I wanted to do for KDE apps. Okteta could easily
be 1.2MB, only downloading KF5/Qt/Oxygen if needed. And we could
*also* provide an offline installer with all the deps bundled.

> Skype is 1.6MB, but downloads lots in the background.

Skype's downloader is 1.6MB :) The full setup is 31MB.

--
Nicolás