KDE 4.12 Windows release getting close

Andrius da Costa Ribas andriusmao at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 01:29:24 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Last build on the build server is from Jan-8, so, just to track what is
still listed as a failed in there:

* kde/kdeartwork (mingw-w32 only) - looks simple to fix, however maybe a
better approach is to skip kdesavers as they need some adaptation to really
work as screensavers on Windows (I notice we also build ktux, probably it
came from a package split, I think we can take it out for the same reason)
* kde/cantor (msvc) - I've fixed it upstream, should appear green in the
next rebuild
* kde/kstars (both mingw) - hadn't checked it yet, but looks like it's a
simple fix too
* kde/kfourinline (both mingw) - hadn't checked it yet
* kde/kdepim (msvc) - hadn't checked it yet
* kde/kdeplasma-addons (32bit builds) - I have a patch that got reviewed
today, will push on saturday.
* extragear/libktorrent (both mingw) - hadn't checked it yet
* extragear/amarok (msvc) - I can build it but can't run with the patches
I've sent in a previous e-mail
* extragear/ktorrent (both mingw) - not sure but probably depends on
libktorrent fix
* extragear/skrooge (all) - hadn't checked it
* kdeapps/calligra (both mingw) - already patched on emerge

I'm not sure if I can check them by the next days, but I'm happy there are
not many left :)

One package I think would be nice to have is rekonq. Last release 2.4.2
builds and runs fine here and 2.4.x would probably be the last using
QtWebkit before switching to the new QtWebEngine. Also Konqueror would
benefit from having kwebkitpart. What do you think?

Cheers,
Andrius.