Where is konsole?

doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Jan 23 18:14:24 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 07:55 AM, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> Am 23.01.2014 11:37, schrieb Yuri Samoilenko:
>>> Note that even if it was, that wouldn't give you a unix-like command
>>> line interface
>> Can you explain why, please?
> Because Konsole is just way to display a terminal window, and not the
> terminal itself. Konsole itself only sends and receives the information
> from the terminal, which means on Windows, Konsole actually wraps those
> nice black shitty console windows you can see sometimes.
> If you require *sh+unix tools, try out cygwin or msys.
>
> regards,
> Patrick
>
> p.s.: I am currently working on a Konsole port, it only has one serious
> bug left, so I think you could try out Konsole in the next release.

If you're looking for a command line, you can have one in Windows 7 or
8, and you can have one
with or without admin privileges. It's built in to Windows--you don't
need KDE to do that. You'll need
to do some Googling and research to determine what commands to use in
Windows. For the most
part you don't need to, but there are some network features that you
will need a command line
for. If you need to do some file manipulation and you're dual-booting,
it may be easier to do from
Linux. I find that un-compacting files is infinitely easier to do in
Linux--download the file in Linux,
unzip it,and then move it to Windows>users>your-user-name>Downloads.
Then it will be permanently
unzipped, and you'll know where to find it in Windows.

Just my 2¢   --doug