Kile on KDE for windows

sayn200 at aol.com sayn200 at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 14:35:58 UTC 2014

Thanks, MikTex did the trick

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Friday, December 19, 2014 Stuart Jarvis <jarvis at kde.org> wrote:
Hi, >>

On 18 Dec 2014, at 19:41, S Annan <sayn200 at aol.com> wrote: >> i installed kde for windows but found that kile does not have a lot >> of the essential binaries; particularly LaTeX and TeX. Am i doing >> something wrong? >> On 2014-12-19 11:44, Bastiaan Veelo wrote: > I don’t use Kile, but isn’t Kile just an editor? You can get a TeX > distribution from MikTeX. I did this a couple fo years back for my partner (she was on Windows 7; she'd used Kile a little on my Linux machine and liked it). As Bastiaan said, MikTeX was the solution - I don't remember the details, but I think we just did a fairly complete install* of MikTeX and then (possibly) had to point Kile to the relevant files in Kile's configuration dialogs. It wasn't perfect - line returns got inserted (or removed?) in the text on save (Windows thing, I guess) though not in the generated PDF output so it wasn't a big deal - but it worked well enough for her to complete her 200+ page PhD, illustration-heavy, thesis with minimal pain. We never got live previews working. She used jabref as the BibTeX manager rather than KBiBTeX. I think we had installation issues with KBibTeX, but I'm not sure. Was a long time ago so might be better now and I personally much prefer KBibTeX. Good luck! Stu * I think we first tried installing particular components, but kept finding bits we needed and had missed, so in the end ticked just about everything.