Kile on KDE for windows

Stuart Jarvis jarvis at kde.org
Fri Dec 19 11:58:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 2014-12-19 11:44, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> I don’t use Kile, but isn’t Kile just an editor? You can get a TeX
> distribution from MikTeX.

I did this a couple fo years back for my partner (she was on Windows 7;
she'd used Kile a little on my Linux machine and liked it). As Bastiaan
said, MikTeX was the solution - I don't remember the details, but I
think we just did a fairly complete install* of MikTeX and then
(possibly) had to point Kile to the relevant files in Kile's
configuration dialogs.

It wasn't perfect - line returns got inserted  (or removed?) in the text
on save (Windows thing, I guess) though not in the generated PDF output
so it wasn't a big deal - but it worked well enough for her to complete
her 200+ page PhD, illustration-heavy, thesis with minimal pain. We
never got live previews working.

She used jabref as the BibTeX manager rather than KBiBTeX. I think we
had installation issues with KBibTeX, but I'm not sure. Was a long time
ago so might be better now and I personally much prefer KBibTeX.

Good luck!

Stu

* I think we first tried installing particular components, but kept
finding bits we needed and had missed, so in the end ticked just about
everything.