Portable applications revisited

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Aug 7 15:10:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Monday, August 04, 2014 - KW 32 06:34:30 PM Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Well, I managed to come close enough with that for Krita. I removed the
> need for the sycoca by creating a new service locator class that would
> just parse the desktop files on startup. That really was the last bit
> needed for your usecase.

Kleopatra can also be used portable. It still uses a sycoca but the sycoca is
treated as part of the portable installation. There is a tool in gpg4win
mkportable that users can use to create their portable version of gpg4win.

It utilizes the kde.conf patch from Patrick Spendrin.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  |  http://www.intevation.de/