Portable applications revisited

Todd Rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:15:41 UTC 2014

With the work on the new single application installers, I was wondering if
any more had been done with regard to portable versions of KDE
applications.

Specifically, I am referring to versions of KDE applications that can
either be installed or just unzipped into, for example, a USB drive and
then can be used on any windows computer without needing to make any
changes to the computer.

I know there was some work on this with the previous installer but it isn't
clear how far it got.  There was never an official release that supported
it.