KDE Development on Windows

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 1 19:53:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

> On 1 April 2014 20:31, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>> In my experience, there are very few KDE programs that work in Windows. I
>> think the only ones I have are Dolphin, Find Files, and Kate, and I think,
>> Solitaire.
>
> Maybe but I think it's not a technical barrier but missing apps need
> dedicated mainainers for Windows.

Well, krita, too, but most windows users don't see the KDE part... Except
in the about box, of course. There were technical barriers though, like
stripping out dbus, kded, running kbuildsycoca4 after install. Other
barriers still exist, like translations not working (except, weirdly
enough, for the choose-language dialog box).

Boud