default targets in 4.11 emerge branch not set to 4.11 versions

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Sun Sep 1 21:42:46 UTC 2013

Am 01.09.2013 11:30, schrieb Nico Kruber:
> Hi, I noticed that several default targets of KDE-related libs and
> apps are set to gitHEAD. Is this wanted behaviour? Shouldn't it be
> set to latest stable, e.g. the latest 4.11 in the 4.11 branch of
> emerge?
>
> This would ease building a 4.11 KDE quite much since you would not
> have to specify a target for each package and could really simply
> use "emerge kdelibs". (if I understand it correctly, using "emerge
> --target 4.11.0 kdelibs" would only build 4.11 of kdelibs - all
> depending libs would use their default versions, e.g. soprano)

The idea is that in master the default target points to a version
control HEAD (e.g. master) and in kde-4.X it points to the HEAD of the
branch KDE/4.X or to the latest stable release for non-kde packages
(kdesupport e.g.). For applications in extragear this makes to much
work atm (we only build 2 or 3 of them) so they will still point to
master.
For the release I normally do the following:
set EMERGE_TARGET=4.11.1
emerge -p
- --dump-deps-file=R:\emerge\server\serverconfig\packagelist-release.txt

Then I examine this file, adapt the targets that do not behave
(kdesupport?) then you can build those targets in the following way:
emerge --list-file=R:\emerge\server\serverconfig\packagelist-release.txt
(this builds everything!)

If you want, you can update that file in git already; the syntax is
the following:
category,package,version,patchlevel
The patchlevel can be removed (but not the comma in front of it!).

I am currently working on a different project and my build setup for
the releases is broken too, so we probably need to wait a bit until
the next release can be done. But please keep fixing everything so
that I can make the release faster when I have finished my duties.

regards,
Patrick