Can't set up encryption in Kontact

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Oct 13 13:11:23 UTC 2013

I'm trying to configure Kontact 4.10.2.  Kgpg can list all my personal
and collected keys.  Kleopatra says I have no backend for listing keys
(or was that a Kontact message?) and Kleopatra says it cannot import an
.asc file as it doesn't support OpenPGP signatures.

I assume that I'm missing a package or two.  I've installed all I can
see related to this, so I'd really appreciate some pointers.  If I can
get it working with Kgpg I'll be happy - Kleopatra is a luxury :-)

Anne