Kompare

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed May 29 12:04:48 UTC 2013

Am 29.05.2013 13:39, schrieb Roser Patrick:
> Dear support,

We are not really the support for KDE on Windows, but just a group of
people interested in that topic which do that in their free time ;-).
You could even help yourself in that group by subscribing to the
kde-windows at kde.org mailing list and trying out the applications,
writing bug reports when you find bugs and send them to the mailing list.

> I'd really like to use your Tool "Kompare" but I'm facing some troubles.
> It seems that I'm missing some of the dependencies necessary for running Kompare.
> Is there a chance you send me some Information how to run Kompare properly on my Notebook (Windows)?

The error is not really specific, but I guess what you see is that you
are missing the diff tool needed to display diffs with kompare.

You can install that package from that site:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm

Get the 'complete package, except sources' and put that into the path or
simply point kompare to the diff.exe that has been installed by that
package.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Patrick Roser