Soprano build error LockFile does not name a Type

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Sat May 25 01:52:30 UTC 2013

Am 24.05.2013 21:56, schrieb Andre Heinecke:
> Hi,
> krop just asked me to test quite a large patch (
> http://paste.kde.org/750254/ ) to the soprano build system, mostly
> because soprano is switching to CMAKE_AUTOMOC. So far so good,
> everything worked but I got a new build error:
> Q:/soprano/backends/virtuoso/virtuosocontroller.h:93: error:
> 'LockFile' does not name a type
>
> Which is weird because I could not find a reason for this in the
> patch. I believe that this is a name conflict with the lock file
> function ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365202%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
> ) and renaming soprano's LockFile to SopranoLockFile did fix this
> build error. But I have no idea what causes this.
>
> As renaming the Class fixed the problem and it was appearently
> unrelated to Krop's patch I told him this patch was ok from the
> windows side.
>
> This is a heads up that your soprano build might break on this and the
> question how should we fix this?

Hm, my guess is that LockFile is a define to LockFileA or LockFileW
depending on the UNICODE define.
I need to look into this in depth, because that might have been caused
by a patch to soprano that has been done in between our stable version &
master.
Please try this out with master (without krops patch) and if we can
reproduce it there, there might be another cause. I need to look in
depth into krops patch though to say that there is really nothing fishy
in there.

> Regards,
> Andre

regards,