Somebody interested in porting mingw manifest support into cmake ?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 07:42:48 UTC 2013

Ralf Habacker wrote:

> Am 24.03.2013 16:19, schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in kdelibs in the frameworks branch, we are trying to get rid of
>> KDE-specific extensions, both for Qt and for cmake.
>> This means also no longer kde4_add_executable(), but plain cmake
>> add_executable() instead.
> kde_add_executable is a hook to extend basic cmake commands, which may
> still be required in the future for kde and/or other projects.

Without a concrete example, it's hard to know why that would be required?

I don't see the mingw manifest support as a good concrete example, because
clearly it is something that should be in cmake.

> Do recent cmake releases have buildin support for extending basic cmake
> commands in a configurable manner or is it required to patch cmake c++
> code for this ?

In a sense, the generator expressions go in that direction. They are not as
generic a hook as a wrapper macro though obviously.

Thanks,

Steve.