Problems Using Kleopatra to Decrypt Files in Windows Explorer

Joe Perez jwperez at ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 13 12:33:48 UTC 2013

Thank you, Andre; I appreciate the response.  We will work around this
limitation.  In the meantime, we came across another limitation.  In the
previous version of the PGP-type software we used in the 32-bit world, we
had the ability to name the file we were decrypting at the time of
decryption.  That is, immediately after typing in the passphrase, we would
be prompted for a filename to save the decrypted file.  However, it now
simply decrypts the file without any prompt, and gives it a default name.

Our periodic procedure is to decrypt a file and save it as a certain
consistent *.txt name, overwriting the previous version each time.  But we
now have to take the extra steps of deleting the old file and renaming the
newly decrypted file.  We've searched the documentation, but have been
unable to find a setting that would allow us to name the file at the time
of decryption.  Your help in resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Regards,
Joe