Some bugs i have encountered

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Jan 20 11:24:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Saturday 19 January 2013, Leo Barichello wrote:
> The problem is that this bug is not generating a "crash". The installer for
> KDE on Windows is not offering the language pt_BR even the files are at the
> right place on the server.

sorry, I had not read your mail correctly. Bugs concerning the KDE on Windows
installer are reported against the kde-windows component. The other advice
still applies.

> Do you have any suggestion of what else i can do about this problem?

After you have reported it in the bug tracker, if you don't have the
programming skills to take it on, yourself: Not much. You've reported the
problem. You've detailed a workaround (which is a good thing, because others
running into the same problem can find your solution via google).

You could try to find a programmer near you, and talk them into / hire them
for looking into the problem. Other than that: Be patient. There are lots and
lots of bugs everywhere, and many affect more people more severely than this
one. I know first hand that it can be quite frustrating, if "your" bug fails
to get immediate attention, but that's the way life goes.

Regards
Thomas