Some bugs i have encountered

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Jan 19 09:23:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 18 January 2013, Leo Barichello wrote:
> At bugs.kde.org under which software should I report a bug involving KDE
> Windows Installer?

report against the component that shows the problem. I.e. kpat, if it's kpat
that is crashing. (Unless of course you are fairly sure that the problem is
caused by something else, e.g. a bug in a particular part of kdelibs).

Make sure to specify the platform as MS Windows. And of course include your
findings about the different versions of Windows in the bug summary.

I believe there is no specific tag / keyword to mark up platform specific bugs
(is there?), but most Windows bugs get assigned to "KDE-Windows".

> The bug about pt_BR is still without a solution...

Ressources are limited, and it's quite normal that many (or even most) non-
critical bug reports don't receive immediate attention. In fact, for some
types of bug, be prepared to wait _years_ before they are fixed.

Or try to understand what exactly is going wrong, and provide a patch. I
_think_ you'd start by looking at the kdewin-installer sources. These are at:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdewin-installer.git

Regards
Thomas