[CMake] How to set the cmake variable on windows

Parchet Michaël mparchet at sunrise.ch
Wed Jan 16 17:34:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

Thank you very much .

Cmake work now on window

Best regards

mparchet

De : Brett Delle Grazie [mailto:brett.dellegrazie at gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 14 janvier 2013 14:42
À : Parchet Michaël
Cc : KDE on Windows; cmake at cmake.org
Objet : Re: [CMake] How to set the cmake variable on windows

On 10 January 2013 22:28, Parchet Michaël <mparchet at sunrise.ch> wrote:

Hello,

How can I set minGW as default cmake compiler on windows ?
Tanks for your answer.

Regards

mparchet
Le 10 janv. 2013 à 22:47, Patrick von Reth <patrick.vonreth at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hi you have to use "cmake -G"MinGW Makefiles" ..."

> On 10/01/2013, Parchet Michaël <mparchet at sunrise.ch> wrote:
>> My compilretr is minGW.

Which generator are you using?

I use:

cmake -G"MinGW Makefiles" <path to source dir>

I believe the default generator on windows is Microsoft's' compilers, hence
the problem with CL.exe.

Assumptions:

This presumes standard MinGW32 compilers are available on the path - for me
this is C:\MinGW\bin

Do not put the MSYS shell (C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin) on the path as well or
CMake will complain.

You shouldn't need to set CXX or CC environment variables but you can do so
as a last resort.

Note that "make" in this case (windows command prompt) is usually:
mingw32-make, not gmake or make

Good luck,

Brett