Emerge : error while install kdelib on windows with emerge python 33 no module info

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 9 19:09:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 09 January 2013, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> I would personally suggest kde-4.8 as that should be the most reliable in
> my opinion.

YMMV, but keep in mind that as branches are cooling down, things (esp.
download targets) may start to break again. In fact, earlier on in my latest
emerge adventures, I had given kde-4.8 a short try, based on similar
reasoning. IIRC, that failed at downloading perl. A cursory glance suggests
that perl would indeed be a 404 on kde-4.8
(f9d83f7dd282320fe9d57c7616d2e3113d92ba6d is candidate for cherry-picking,
here; see its commit message). We've just discussed jom, and now I second-
checked it in a browser: jom is no longer to be found on
ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/.

I don't know what else might have gone 404, since the last time anybody
emerged kde-4.8 from scratch, but it clearly looks like that was a significant
while ago...

So again, I'd suggest kde-4.9 or master.

Regards
Thomas