kdelibs frameworks buildsystem under Windows

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 09:04:51 UTC 2013

Am 16.02.2013 18:48, schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> Hi,

First sorry for needing that long, the mail got into the wrong folder here.

> we are doing quite some rework of the build system in the frameworks branch of
> kdelibs.
>
> Short version: please try to build one of the tier1/ libraries, e.g.
> itemmodels/ standalone, and let me know if everything works.

Likely not, but please see later.

> Longer version: compiler and build settings are not set anymore in
> FindKDE4Internal.cmake, but instead in the file KDECMakeSettings.cmake and
> KDECompilerSettings.cmake in extra-cmake-modules/kde-modules/.
>

> If you have a look at KDECompilerSettings.cmake, you will notice quite a few
> lines which are commented out.
>
> * There is something related to KDEWIN_Packager.
> What is this ?
> In which cases is it needed ?

This can be dropped imho.

> * What's the status of the KDEWin library ?
> Is this needed by every application which wants to use some of the KDE
> (frameworks) libraries ? Or is it only needed for building some of the KDE
> frameworks libraries ?

It is needed by some of the frameworks libraries, those that do not
fully rely on Qt but also on some of the posix C standard functions
(those that our compilers lack).

> * What is this manifest stuff for ?
> When is this needed ?

The manifest is an xml snippet added into each binary to provide a way
to sign application binaries. CMake does this for all binaries on msvc,
but it doesn't do that on mingw. so it is still needed (if cmake doesn't
make it itself).

> Thanks
> Alex

regards,