Drop win32libs-bin

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Sep 17 07:18:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Saturday 15 September 2012 16:05:45 Patrick von Reth wrote:
> Hi what do you think about dropping win32libs-bin.
>
>    - They are not maintained
>    - Providing binary packages isn't that easy
>    - You don't save that much time using prebuild win32libs
I'm all for it, as said before, in my opinion there are two distributions. The
Source distribution (emerge) which should build everything possible from
source and the binary distribution (the installer). Mixing them is just added
overhead with no real value.

Personally I'm building sourceonly for a very long time now and I am not
updating the binary packages.

As we've already made sourceonly default at the last sprint dropping the
binary packages should not hurt anyone.

Regards,
Andre

--