How to prevent KDE to load at Windows start ?

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Thu Mar 15 20:22:10 UTC 2012

Am 15.03.2012 16:40, schrieb Francois Maurice:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know how to prevent KDE to load at Windows start ? There is
> a terminal-like window (a black window) that tells me that
> "kdeinit4.exe" is starting. But I don't know where to turn off that
> automatic loeading.

Try to open the platform settings in system settings or directly from
commandline by calling kcmshell4.exe platform and disable 'Load KDE at
user login'. Instead I'd recommend to start a KDE application you want
to have open anyway (like e.g. konversation) from the Autostart folder ;-).

> Thanks a lot,
>
> François

regards,
Patrick

ps.: if you care enough about it, please open a bug report for it
anyway. I will try to remember it when preparing KDE 4.8.1.