[Kile-devel] Kile on Windows: Save and Load Dialog inconsistency

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jun 14 08:09:32 UTC 2012

On Thursday 14 June 2012, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Mogliii <mogliii at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Forwarding from kile-devel
> > Does anyone of have an answer? Is kile supposed to have different
> > dialogs for opening/saving?
>
> Sounds like Kile is using the static QFileDialog::openFileName() function
> to get a filename to open, this function uses the native dialog on all
> platforms by default and hence would open the windows native dialog.

Another possibility is that on saving, kile uses KFileDialog::getSaveUrl()
with a non-local, not empty startdir parameter, such as a kfiledialog://-url.
Look at kfile/kfiledialog.cpp for details of when KFileDialog dispatches to
QFileDialog. (And, BTW, personally, I think native filedialogs work
surprisingly well, but should _not_ be the default).

Regards
Thomas